Sign up for service.
Back in 1991, AVG was developed to help protect people online globally utilizing the latest security technologies available. After a short time, AVG had great success and has been recognized as one of the leaders within security software. There are corporate offices located within the United States, United Kingdom and Europe.
AVG employs the world’s leading experts in software development, threat detection, threat prevention and risk analysis. With their internationally recognized success, AVG continues to invest within R&D, teaming up with top educational universities to maintain its technological edge. Threats continue to evolve daily, and AVG continues to evolve daily to provide their users astounding protection. With the use of the latest technologies developed by their security experts, they continue to give real time deference against all the real time threats.
AVG Internet Security has a very easy to use dashboard that allows you to control the whole system with a few simple clicks. The protection of our PC can be monitored by a green check mark or a red X. AVG has a very in depth PC scanner that targets every file on your system. They also have a great browser support that allows you to monitor the sites you are about to enter.
AVG has also now released the social media protection to protect you from potential threats and links found in your social media pages. AVG among many upgrades have also increased the speed of the installation process which is a big plus.
Key Features of AVG Internet Security 2011
- AVG Firewall (enhanced for AVG 2011) and AVG Identity Protection. Secure online shopping and online banking with advanced firewall protection.
- Identity protection
- AVG Anti-Spam. Marks all unwanted emails as spam, protecting you from online scams and keeping your inbox clutter free.
- AVG LinkScanner
- AVG Online Shield. Gives extra protections when you download or share files in the internet.
- Spam Killer
- AVG Firewall
- AVG Social Networking Protection. AVG automatically checks links exchanged on Facebook and MySpace in real time so that you and your friends stay safe.
- E-mail Scanner
- AVG Smart Scanning. AVG Internet Security 2011’s scans are 3 times faster than previous versions. AVG Smart Scanning decides whether scans done in high priority or not based on the system idle status.
- AVG Protective Cloud Technology, AVG Community Protection Network and AVG Anti-Spyware. Extra protection from real time threats.
AVG list the Internet Security 2011 on their site for $54.99 for a one year subscription on one PC or for comparison $68.99 for three PC’s for one year.
AVG is a leading company in Internet Security and they seem to be working hard to always be growing and protect from real time threats. The Installation was easy on un effected PC’s however while review a PC that contain infections AVG seem to create issues with the system running properly. The dashboard was extremely easy to use and allows full control of the system.
One downside we found was while AVG scanned the whole PC and did a great job it did slow down the PC and took awhile to complete the full scan. This would not be much of an issue if a scan was scheduled for after hours. AVG also provided good support of their Internet Suite and help increase the review score. Overall AVG is among the highly recommended and is a great Option for home and business PC’s.